Service Times: Sundays at 9:30am Family Service (1st Sunday of the month), Holy Communion (2nd & 4th Sundays of the month), Morning Worship (3rd Sunday).
We also have a FACEBOOK page for Madron, Heamoor and Gulval churches.
** Giving to the church. If you wish to give to the church, please use our giving page.
The link is here: https://givealittle.co/campaigns/c5d159f0-5130-43fd-a01e-8b8bcf0e9beb.
.St Thomas’ account is shared with Madron’s, but please email if you wish to give specifically to St Thomas.
Family Service at 9.30am on the first Sunday of the month , plus particularly child-friendly occasions to be found on the relevant web page (see Services)
Opening Times: St Thomas is sadly only open during service times.
.Parking. Unfortunately, we have no car park and therefore parking is along adjacent roads. Parking along Rock Terrace or on the south side of the church at least affords level access. We have one small step to gain access on foot to the church on both west and south sides.
Building and other Projects: 2021 update At St Thomas’ we have done a great deal of work on the church in recent years. The stonework on the west window has recently been repaired and now we are turning our attention to repainting external woodwork (forest green) and sections of the inside, where there had been a damp problem and it now just needs a repaint. A new heating system for the kitchen in still in preparation, as is a tidying of our garden areas, which has now begun.
St Thomas charges £10 per session only (morning, afternoon or evening) for use of its adjoining hall. This includes heating. Sadly, we do not do one-off bookings/parties etc. as we have no caretaker, but regular bookings will be most welcome.
For info or guided tour of facilities, contact Caroline Somers on 369123 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Risk assessment Madron, Heamoor, Gulval churches Updated 9/9/21
1) Face masks It is advised face masks are worn upon entering the church but may be removed when seated. Masks should be worn when moving around the Church and when leaving the Church. By personal choice, masks can be worn at all times.
2) Arrival. Be careful to arrive at a social distance through the main door, where you can sanitise. Do not bunch around the door or the table.
3) Hand sanitiser will be on the table at the back. Please use on entry and do not touch anything unnecessarily except your pew.
4) Services will take place in zones – 11am in the main body of the church ONLY and 6pm (Madron) in the choir stalls. (8ams in side chapel at Madron and choir stalls at Gulval).
5) Sit at 2metres from the next worshipper, in any direction, unless you live together. A maximum of six can arrive, sit or leave together. This determines the capacity of the church, which we estimate to be around 55 Madron, 40 Heamoor and 45 Gulval.
6) Both doors will be open for ventilation – unless it is really cold or wet – no touching of door handles, please.
7) Hymn books and service sheets will be given out upon arrival.
8) No collection bags will be passed around , a plate at the back to be brought up during the service.
9) There is no passing the peace or other physical contact between those present.
10) The toilets will not be available ( CofE guidelines are to keep toilets open, but the cleaning and other instructions are so involved, it’s best to leave it for now).
11) For track and trace purposes attendees’ names (& contact details) will be recorded.
12) Communion is by wafer only. A one way system to receive will be in place. No queues.