Service Times: 11:00am Family Service (1st Sunday of the month), Holy Communion (2nd and 4th Sundays), Morning Worship (3rd Sunday) and Mattins (trad) (5th Sunday) and 6.00pm Evening Prayer (trad).
We also have a FACEBOOK page for Madron, Heamoor and Gulval churches.
Family Service at 11am on the first Sunday of the month, plus particularly child-friendly occasions to be found on the relevant web page (see Services). We have an area on the north side with soft toys, colouring books and other books
Our safe-guarding officer is Ann Jenkin on 01736 364283.
** Giving to the church. If you wish to donate to our church, the link to our giving page is:
Opening Times: The church is usually open on Friday mornings between 10:00am and 12:00pm. From July to September we are also open on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons between 2:00pm and 4:00pm.
General enquiries can be made to Madge Christopher on 01736 363562 or email@example.com or to our curate, Jo Thomas on 07779 785962 or firstname.lastname@example.org or our churchwarden Caroline Somers email@example.com
Parking is available on ‘Madron Green’, a tarmaced area west of the churchyard and main (north) entrance. Hard by the lychgate, there is a gate that gives level and step-free access for wheelchairs, buggies etc via the south porch. As this is only open for services, a gravel path takes visitors around to the north door, which is our main entrance, and only entrance during the week. Using this path is better than walking along a busy minor road.
We have a hall in Heamoor, attached to St Thomas Church, which is available for regular bookings at only £10 per session. Ring or email Caroline ( 01736 369123 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to make an appointment to look at what’s on offer by way of toilets and kitchen facilities.
Social events can be seen on the Events page
Madron Ringers Thrifty Club – members pay £1 per month or £12 per year, raising church funds and a chance to win one of 3 prizes a month. For more information, phone Theresa Pritchard 01736 364164
Building and other Projects January 2022 We have had no further progress on getting the large east window repaired – it seems that buildings in a worse condition have been getting the grants, which is only fair.
We have now converted our composting toilet into a conventional toilet. See the ‘Links’ under ‘Media’ for the report from the archaeologist. It details the discovery of a large slab grave on the route of the pipe from the toilet to connect with the sewer near the north gate.
3D Tour of Madron Parish Church
isk assessment Madron & Heamoor churches Updated 18th March 2022.
National Coronavirus (Covid 19) restrictions have been relaxed but Madron PCC still have concerns and our first duty is to our congregation and our visitors.
1) Face masks It is advised face masks are worn upon entering the church but may be removed when seated and whilst singing. Masks should be worn when moving around the Church and when leaving the Church. By personal choice masks may be worn at all times.
2) Arrival. Be careful to arrive at a social distance through the main door, where you can sanitise. Please try not bunch around the door or the table.
3) Hand sanitiser will be on the table at the back.
4) Services will continue to take place in zones – 11am in the main body of the church ONLY and 6pm (Madron) in the choir stalls.
5) The need to Sit at 2 metres from the next worshipper (unless a family group) is one that we have all got used to over the last two years and is a good practice to continue. The maximum numbers in church which was dictated by the strictest Covid rules are now relaxed for large gatherings such a weddings and funerals.
6) Both doors will be open for ventilation – unless it is really cold or windy.
7) Hymn books and service sheets will be given out upon arrival.
8) No collection bags will be passed around, a plate at the back to be brought up during the service.
9) There is no passing the peace or other physical contact between those present
10) The toilets will be available if required.
11) Communion is by wafer only at present. A one-way system to receive will be in place.
Document reviewed 17th March; the need to list attendees (track & trace) was removed on the 27th January 2022.
Andy Freeman on behalf of Madron PCC 18th March 2022.
Caroline Somers (Churchwarden) – email: email@example.com
Dorcas Jelliss (Lay chair)
Health & Safety – not yet appointed
Rev’d Jo Thomas – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rev’d Peter Butterfield
Terry Jackson (Treasurer)
Andy Freeman (Secretary) – email: email@example.com
Peggy Harvey (St Thomas)
Liz Woodworth (St Thomas)
By invitation: Rev’d Howard Peskett
Georgina Thorne (Safeguarding officer) 07907 808322