Service Times: 11:00am Family Service (1st Sunday of the month), Holy Communion (2nd and 4th Sundays), Morning Worship (3rd Sunday) and Mattins (trad) (5th Sunday) and 6.00pm Evening Prayer (trad).
We also have a FACEBOOK page for Madron, Heamoor and Gulval churches.
Family Service at 11am on the first Sunday of the month, plus particularly child-friendly occasions to be found on the relevant web page (see Services). We have an area on the north side with soft toys, colouring books and other books
Our safe-guarding officer is Ann Jenkin on 01736 364283.
** Giving to the church. If you wish to donate to our church, the link to our giving page is:
Opening Times: The church is usually open on Friday mornings between 10:00am and 12:00pm. From July to September we are also open on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons between 2:00pm and 4:00pm.
General enquiries can be made to Madge Christopher on 01736 363562 or email@example.com or to our curate, Jo Thomas on 07779 785962 or firstname.lastname@example.org or our churchwarden Caroline Somers email@example.com
Parking is available on ‘Madron Green’, a tarmaced area west of the churchyard and main (north) entrance. Hard by the lychgate, there is a gate that gives level and step-free access for wheelchairs, buggies etc via the south porch. As this is only open for services, a gravel path takes visitors around to the north door, which is our main entrance, and only entrance during the week. Using this path is better than walking along a busy minor road.
We have a hall in Heamoor, attached to St Thomas Church, which is available for regular bookings at only £10 per session. Ring or email Caroline ( 01736 369123 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to make an appointment to look at what’s on offer by way of toilets and kitchen facilities.
Social events can be seen on the Events page
Building and other Projects August 2021
We have had no further progress on getting the large east window repaired – it seems that buildings in a worse condition have been getting the grants, which is only fair.
We are about to convert our bio- loo into a conventional toilet. It was good for our green credentials , but with heavy use at social functions and weddings, it was awful to clear up the overflow !
3D Tour of Madron Parish Church
Risk assessment Madron, Heamoor, Gulval churches Updated 9/9/21
1) Face masks It is advised face masks are worn upon entering the church but may be removed when seated. Masks should be worn when moving around the Church and when leaving the Church. By personal choice, masks can be worn at all times.
2) Arrival. Be careful to arrive at a social distance through the main door, where you can sanitise. Do not bunch around the door or the table.
3) Hand sanitiser will be on the table at the back. Please use on entry if you wishand do not touch anything unnecessarily except your pew.
4) Services will take place in zones – 11am in the main body of the church ONLY and 6pm (Madron) in the choir stalls.
5) Sit at 2metres from the next worshipper, in any direction, unless you live together. A maximum of six can arrive, sit or leave together. This determines the capacity of the church, which we estimate to be around 55 Madron), 40 (Heamoor) and 45 (Gulval).
6) Both doors will be open for ventilation – unless it is really cold or wet – no touching of door handles, please.
7) Hymn books and service sheets will be given out upon arrival.
8) No collection bags will be passed around; a plate at the back to be brought up during the service.
9) There is no passing the peace or other physical contact between those present.
10) The toilets will not be available ( CofE guidelines are to keep toilets open, but the cleaning and other instructions are so involved, it’s best to leave it for now).
11) For track and trace purposes, attendees’ names (& contact details) will be recorded.
12) Communion is by wafer only. A one way system to receive will be in place. No queues.