Gulval Parish Church
Sundays at 11:00am Holy Communion (1st, 3rd and 5th Sundays of the month) Family Service (2nd Sunday) , Mattins (trad) (4th Sunday)
We also have a FACEBOOK page for Madron, Heamoor and Gulval churches.
Family Service at 11am on the second Sunday of the month, plus particularly child-friendly occasions to be found on the relevant web page (see Services)
Our safe-guarding officer is Christina de Vries.
Opening Times: Gulval Church is normally (but not currently) open from 10:00am to 12:00pm on Saturdays only during winter months. From July to September it is normally open on Monday afternoon from 2.30 – 4.30pm, and on Wednesday & Thursday afternoons from 2:00pm to 4:00pm. We normally serve tea and cake on Mondays from 2:30pm to 4:30pm from July to September (now finished). CURRENTLY we are not open for visitors but hope to at some point.
.40Parking. Free parking is available at all points around the upper churchyard. It gets busy at the top outside the Coldstreamer. The best place is probably at the bottom of the steps, coming along Possess Lane from Jelbert Way. There is level access from the east gate, but there are a couple of steps to negotiate first. There is step-free access via the top gate (opposite the Coldstreamer) and there are usually spaces hard by the churchyard wall. There is no church car park.
Building and other projects (2021) We are trying to replenish our reserves after forking out for tarmacced paths, a new toilet, emergency repairs to wall memorials and ongoing tree trimming (the churchyard is not closed, so we have all the bills for maintenance) . Our lighting is being gradually improved.
Risk assessment Madron, Heamoor, Gulval churches Updated 9/9/21
1) Face masks It is advised face masks are worn upon entering the church but may be removed when seated. Masks should be worn when moving around the Church and when leaving the Church. By personal choice, masks can be worn at all times.
2) Arrival. Be careful to arrive at a social distance through the main door, where you can sanitise. Do not bunch around the door or the table.
3) Hand sanitiser will be on the table at the back. Please use on entry and do not touch anything unnecessarily except your pew.
4) Services will take place in zones – 11am in the main body of the church ONLY and 6pm (Madron) in the choir stalls. (8ams in side chapel at Madron and choir stalls at Gulval)
5) Sit at 2metres from the next worshipper, in any direction, unless you live together. A maximum of six can arrive, sit or leave together. This determines the capacity of the church, which we estimate to be around 55 Madron, 40 Heamoor and 45 Gulval.
6) Both doors will be open for ventilation – unless it is really cold or wet – no touching of door handles, please
7) Hymn books and service sheets will be given out upon arrival.
8) No collection bags will be passed around; a plate at the back to be brought up during the service
9) There is no passing the peace or other physical contact between those present.
10) The toilets will not be available ( CofE guidelines are to keep toilets open, but the cleaning and other instructions are so involved, it’s best to leave it for now).
11) For track and trace purposes attendees’ names (& contact details) will be recorded.
12) Communion is by wafer only. A one way system to receive will be in place.